The Snowden Breach: Attack Steps & Prevention Webinar
Presented by Kevin Bock, VP, Security Strategy & Threat Intelligence, Venafi
According to recent Forrester Research, “Advanced threat protection provides an important layer of protection but is not a substitute for securing keys and certificates." The critical need to secure digital trust by protecting cryptographic keys and digital certificates was proven true again with Edward Snowden’s breach of the NSA.
Snowden brilliantly showed the way for other attackers, both internal and external, by using his knowledge of the NSA’s poor control over their SSH and private keys and self-certificates to turn those security assets against the NSA and steal valuable and top secret information.
In spite of being perhaps the most security conscious organization on the planet, the breach at the NSA does not come as a surprise. Of the 2300+ organizations Ponemon Research surveyed, every enterprise has experienced at least 1 attack on keys and certificates druing the past 2 years.
In this webinar you will learn:
- How Edward Snowden breached NSA systems without being detected
- How fabricated and unauthorized keys were used to execute attacks and exfiltrate data
- What attack methods are shared by both external attackers and insiders
- Why every enterprise is vulnerable to the same attack method
- What steps you can take to reduce your exposure to a Snowden-like attack
A Snowden-like breach is waiting to happen in every organization due to the lack of security and protection for keys and certificates. Take action now to stop this breach from happening to you. Watch “The Snowden Breach: Attack Steps & Prevention” webinar now.
Fill out the form on the right to view this webinar and learn how to defend your organization.