GET THE GARTNER PAPER

Are cybercriminals hiding in your SSL/TLS traffic? Here’s how to decrypt and inspect SSL/TLS traffic in real time.

 

While SSL/TLS provides privacy and authentication, it also creates a blind spot for enterprise security. Most organizations lack the ability to decrypt and inspect SSL traffic and cybercriminals are taking advantage. We’ll help you maximize your SSL/TLS decryption and inspection, and remove threats in real time from you SSL traffic.

  • According to Gartner, encrypted SSL/TLS sessions make up to 25% of the total web traffic—for many businesses it’s over 50%, and some are embracing always-on SSL
  • Cybercriminals use SSL/TLS to hide attacks, evade detection, and bypass security controls
  • Gartner estimates that less than 20% of organizations with a firewall, IPS, or UTM decrypt SSL/TLS traffic—leaving 80% open to attacks using SSL/TLS tunnels

By 2017, more than 50% of network attacks will use SSL/TLS, yet most organizations lack the ability to decrypt and inspect SSL communications to detect threats.

Threats in SSL/TLS: Gartner White Paper
Threats in SSL/TLS: Gartner White Paper